If you need to cancel a booking before it is due to take place please cancel it via the booking page on Spec.co or alternatively email email@example.com.
If you need to cancel block bookings of more than five units due to be captured in the same building or development, the following applies.
Cancellations must be made before 3pm two business days prior to the capture otherwise a fee of £59 per unit will be charged.
Cancellations must be made before 3pm three business days prior to the capture otherwise a fee of £59 per unit will be charged.
For block bookings, a site visit is required by a Senior Surveyor, after which we reserve the right to cancel if the properties are not ready for capture. The Senior Surveyor will review access, keys, parking and understand any safety issues prior to arriving on site.
If there are access issues on the day (eg. late access to keys), the Digital Surveyor will notify the agent and capture the units that they can gain access to. Units that cannot be accessed will be cancelled and a new order will be required. A cancellation fee of £59 per unit will apply.
If the Digital Surveyor has arrived to capture a property and is unable to proceed, we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of £59.
The property (or part of the property) is deemed unsafe to capture by our Digital Surveyor. Reasons include, but are not limited to:
- We advise that keys must be ready for collection at least 15 minutes before the scheduled capture time.
- If keys are being collected from the concierge please notify them in advance to avoid any delays or cancellation fees.
- Property still under construction.
- The floor is unstable due to rubble or ongoing building works. (A steady stable ground is needed for the equipment to successfully scan the interior space accurately.)
- Exposed live wires.
- Property is derelict and contains loose bricks/beams or broken windows.
- Access to the property is through a building site and our Digital Surveyors are not given the appropriate safety gear.
- Flooring is loose and contains dangerous items such as nails or broken glass.
There is a visible infestation of insects or vermin.
- If the Digital Surveyor is verbally abused, threatened, or otherwise harassed or made to be felt unsafe by tenant, vendor, landlord, third parties on site, or agent.
- The Digital Surveyor will call the agent within 15 minutes of entering the property to let them know it is not in a suitable condition to be captured.
- They will email images of the property to the agent (and head office) to show the condition of the property.
- The agent will be asked to confirm whether they want to proceed with the capture. Should they do, the Digital Surveyor will carry on with the capture.
-If the agent instructs us to leave and return another time, a £59 cancellation fee will be applied.
- For information on how to prepare a property please see our property preparation guide. Please contact your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the “Prepare Your Property Guide”.
- If an entire room is inaccessible we are at risk of not being able to produce a complete floor plan of the property and therefore will need to cancel the capture.
- The Digital Surveyor will try to resolve this directly with the tenant. They will also call the agent notifying them of the situation and attempt to gain access with their assistance.
- If access is not granted within 15 minutes the capture will be cancelled and our account manager will then contact you to arrange another capture date.
- To avoid the above scenarios please make all your vendors/landlords/tenants aware that we need access to all rooms within the property in order for us to complete the capture. Please contact your Account Manager or email@example.com for a copy of the “Prepare Your Property Guide”.
- If the Digital Surveyor cannot access patios/gardens/balconies or garages they will contact the agent while they are still at the property and ask for access. If they are unable to gain access they will complete the capture without capturing these areas. This means the areas will not be measured and will not be included in the Virtual Tour or floor plan.
- Please note if these measurements are required, a separate booking will have to be made for us to revisit the property. Measurements from any other floor plans cannot be used as your floor plans are Spec Verified.
- In some events closets and cupboards may not be accessible. If two or fewer full-length, stand-alone cupboards are inaccessible, your property may still be captured. These cupboards will be marked accordingly on the floor plan as representative areas only and will not be included in the measurements.
- If there are three or more full-length stand-alone cupboards that are inaccessible, the capture will be cancelled.
- If there is a wall of built-in cupboards, and two built-in cupboards that stand together are both inaccessible, a property may still be captured.
- If there are built-in cupboards, and three built-in cupboards that stand together are inaccessible, the capture will be cancelled.
- It is important to make your vendors/landlords/tenants aware that for Spec to complete a capture all areas of the property must be accessible. If we cannot, we are at risk of not being able to produce a complete floor plan.